Skip to main content

Witch's Brew

Spellburn and Battlescars is one of my favorite game that I have yet to play.  It's built on top of Into the Odd but adds back player classes and traditional fantasy trappings, filling the same niche for me as Cairn.  Even though I can take or leave trad-fantasy, I find it super useful when running for new players who know Dungeons and Dragons through pop-culture.  The Game Master's Handbook for Spellburn and Battlescars is very good, too.  It's full of tips and procedures I wish I had been given when I first started running games.


All of that is to preface that I wrote a new class or "Archetype" for the game.  When I read it back in June I was super inspired and started thinking about a Discworld/Earthsea inspired witch class.  I had a bunch of ideas and wrote a bunch of notes, and like most of my other RPG projects kind of lost steam.  Well a few days ago someone online asked me about it, and that gave me the motivation to type up my notes and put something out there.

 You can download it for free here.

Comments